Key Contacts

    • Senior Director T: +852 2846 4850 M: +852 9686 7200
    • Assistant Manager T: +852 2846 4801 M: +852 9721 6574

The Franklin, Birmingham UK

Knight Frank is instructed to sell a new exciting development, The Franklin, Birmingham UK. An exclusive collection of 79 modern boutique apartments in leafy Bournville with contemporary living in a beautiful garden village, just minutes from Birmingham city centre. Bournville is extremely close to Birmingham University, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Selly Oak and the M5 and M42 motorways. Just a 12 minute train ride to the newly developed Birmingham New Street Station and the new Grand Central shopping centre making The Franklin on the doorstep of everything Birmingham has to offer.

Birmingham has a regional population of 2.4 million and was named top UK tourism city for a second year in a row in 2014. In 2014, Birmingham was the most popular conference and event destination in the UK outside of London. It is the highest ranked UK regional city for Quality of Life for the 3rd year running in 2014 (Mercer Living index). In addition, HSBC announced in March 2015 they would move the head office of their ring-fenced bank to Birmingham from London.

  • Developer: Headland Developments, Hong Kong & Court Collaboration, UK 
  • Location: Franklin House, Bournville Lane , Birmingham, West Midlands B30 2HP,  UK
  • No of Units: 79
  • No of Storeys: 5
  • Unit Type: 5 studios, 30 one bedroom apartments, 40 two bedroom apartments and 4 two bedroom penthouses
  • Apartment Size: 377-1388 sqf
  • Completion: May 2016
  • Tenure: 150-year leases
  • Apartment Features: 12 foot high ceilings in most apartments,satellite/cable TV system, individual centralised gas heating systems supply, controllers to each apartment, telephone points in kitchen/living areas,all bathroom fittings by Roca, all communal areas designed by leading interior designer
  • Amenities: Communal garden, contemporary designer entrance foyer with lounge, large, stylish gymnasium for residents access only fitted to a high specification, integrated and covered car parking, plus exterior car park allocated for apartments where indicated, covered cycle store, two lifts to serve all floors, the building and its services will be managed by an appointed management company
  • Estimated Service Charge: Estimated £2 per sq ft/pa
  • Security: Secure gated entry and video entry system
  • Car Parking: 72 parking spaces and secure bicycle spaces
  • Transportation: 3 minutes’ walk to Bournville Station. By train, it takes 5 minutes to University of Birmingham Station, 9 minutes to Queen Elizabeth Hospital,13 minutes to Birmingham New Street Station. The High Speed Rail Network (HS2) will connect Birmingham to London in 45 minutes, Birmingham to Manchester in 40 minutes and Birmingham to Leeds in 55 minutes
  • Payment Terms: £1,000 non-refundable deposit payable upon reservation. 10% of the purchase price (less reservation deposit) payable within 21 days of reservation. The remaining 90% is payable upon completion
  • Incentives: £1500 plus VAT and disbursements
  • Starting Price: £120,000

For latest update or further detail of the above project, please feel free to contact or (852) 2846 7418.

Our sales representatives for overseas property work exclusively in relation to properties outside Hong Kong and, unless expressly stated otherwise, are not licensed under the Estate Agents Ordinance to deal with Hong Kong properties.